May 11, 2008

Republican Shield




Hi everyone,
some of you may remember that last year, when Keltica first started working on Keltica Authentic kit, we came up with a first version of a Republican scutum and it needed a severe upgrade. So, we went away and with Matt Lukes help came up with this new version. Now, these are the first photo's we have of it and its taken 8 months. We know there are a couple of things still not to the absolute criteria of the original designs we sent them, but I wanted to show you what it looks like. Its based on the remains from Syria and I'm happy with it, there are a couple of minor tweeks that need to be made but that's in Matt's head. Keltica's going to be kitting ourselves out with these for the Xth Legion we represent.

THESE CAN BE ORDERED FROM US DIRECTLY NOW

PEOPLE'S RESPONSE :
  • I think it looks real good. I'll defer to Matt for any imperfections that could possible exist. - Mike a.k.a Titus Minicius Parthicus COH II, Italica Civium Romanorum and/or Legio VI FFC.
  • Great Item! - John Kaler MSG, USA Retired Memebr Legio V (Tennessee)
  • Impressive! - Joshua B. Davis Marivs Agorivs Donatvs Optio Centvriae Legio VI FFC, Cohors I
  • Ah, I really like it! Good work Will! - Jvrjenivs Peregrinvs Magnvs A.K.A. Jurjen Draaisma
  • That looks very good! - Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Gaius Julius Caesar/ was Marcus/Byron Angel
  • If the shipping costs to Switzerland aren't too high I would like to be the first who order this great shield! So put me on the list please! Great! I think in Europe it should not be a problem to sell 50 shields. You know, the 1000 years of Varus battle is comming and a lot of reenactors will be at Kalkriese this day. Your shield is great for a soldier imression of this time. I know someone who could be interested to take a shippment of 50 shields. - Lucius Domitius Aurelianus Patrik Pföstl
  • I might be interested in getting one - Lucius Tertinius Severus (Saúl O. Cardona-Luciano)
  • I am very interested in one of your Republican shields - Mason
  • Mason, these scuta aren't made by XXXXXXXX, but by Daniyal Steel Crafts (DSC). They've been making some excellent gear lately. - TARBICvS/Jim Bowers CALIGATvS CAVORTvS NINIvS
  • I would aslo add Tarbicus, that they are made under the guidance of Matt Lukes who is a real stickler for authenticity and for attention to detail wherever economically possible. We have seen how good ...... Daniyal can be when under the guidance of Peronis. - Sulla Felix AKA Barry Coomber
  • We have the standard DSC Republican coming but with the LEG II design on the front. Your umbo and spina are much better though. - Marcus Ulpius Peronis COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
  • I like the look of this one better, too. - Andy Booker Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs Andronikos of Athens

No comments: